This is a rare chance to own a fine, smaller sized viola suitable for any playing level. It is 14" in size and would perhaps suit a violin player looking to also play viola, or an advanced younger student.
This instrument is unlabelled and is of German origin, most likely made circa 1860. Featuring a two-piece highly flamed maple back and sides, wide grain spruce top. This instrument has a light golden brown varnish, and has been over varnished in places with dark red.
This viola has a particularly powerful & resonant bottom-end and beautiful warm, even tone.
Full Atelier Puglisi set-up, including:
- fingerboard plane and re-shape
- high quality Tonica strings
- new custom fitted Aubert bridge
- new Wittner tailpiece
- soundpost adjustment
Legendary Atelier Puglisi service, including:
- 100% guarantee on all workmanship
- adjustments to tone and set-up at no extra cost
- free fitting with any string or pick-up purchase
- your choice of either Thomastik or Pirastro strings for no extra charge.
- 20% discount on any Kun or Wolf shoulder rest.
Upper bouts 17.2 cms
Middle bouts 10.4 cms
Lower bouts 21.5 cms
Body length 36 cms (14.2")