This unique instrument was used by Shannon Birchall of the John Butler Trio. Between 2003 and 2009, this double bass was used in the John Butler Trio's standout recordings, including Aria-Award winning "Grand National". This bass has also been featured in DVDS and music videos of the band.
The instrument is hand made in France by custom brand COSI. It features carbon fibre composite front, back and sides with ebony fittings including fingerboard and tailpiece. It also comes with a COSI designed protective case and a Research Pickups which Shannon attributes to the John Butler Trio's superb bass sound.
Full Atelier Puglisi set-up, including:
- fingerboard plane and re-shape
- high quality Spirocore strings
- soundpost adjustment
Legendary Atelier Puglisi service, including:
- 100% guarantee on all workmanship
- adjustments to tone and set-up at no extra cost
- free fitting with any string or pick-up purchase
Sorry, this instrument has now sold
- your choice of strings for no extra charge. This includes great brands such as Helicore, Pirastro and Innovation.
- $50.00 discount on a Realist pick-up when purchased at time of instrument sale.
Ribs: 19.8/20.9/23 cm
Upper bout: 51.4 cm
Middle bout: 39.7 cm
Lower Bout: 69 cm
Body length: 109 cm
String Length: 42 inches
For purchasing details or further information, please contact us via the contact form on our website.
All prices are correct at time of uploading. Price variances may occur.
Price is inclusive of 10% Australian Goods and Services Tax.