Southern Italian viola from the firm Puglisi Reale & Figli, Catania. Luthiers Guiseppe Puglisi followed by his son Michelangelo directed the firm which became on ot the largest manufacturers or bowed and plucked stringed instruments in Italy.
They are now found throughout the world, all containing the family emblem, Formica (the ant).
These instruments should also be viewed in the context of the political and social economic times in which they were made: Fascism had recently taken hold, and poverty was a major issue during this decade.
All of this made it more remarkable that a firm of this size flourished during these decades.
The G Puglisi Reale & Figli workshop was destroyed in the bombardment of 1943, bringing to an end this firm's history.
This Viola feaures a stunning highly figured one-piece back, a beautiful dark red-brown varnish, and a loud and fiery tone to match.
Full Atelier Puglisi set-up, including:
- High quality Larsen Strings
- New custom fitted Aubert Bridge - 'A' Mirecourt
- New Wittner Ultralight Tailpiece
- New Sound post and adjustment
- Fingerboard plane and nut adjustment - original Puglisi fingerboard from 1920
- New pegs, worked and fitted
Legendary Puglisi Service
- 100% guarantee on all workmanship
- Adjustment to tone and set up at no extra cost
- Free fitting with any string or pick up purchase
- Your choice of Thomastik or Pirastro strings at no extra charge
- $20.00 discount on any BAM fiberglass case (subject to availability)
- 20% discount on any Kun or Wolf Shoulder Rest
- Upper Bout: 18.2cm
- Middle Bout: 12.6cm
- Lower Bout: 23cm
- Body Length: 15.5"
- Rib Depth: 3.4cm
- Ratio: 14.2:21.3cm
For purchasing details or further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone (03) 9853-9525
For more information on our fine instruments, visit our Facebook page dedicated to featuring unique instruments and instrument makers.
All prices are correct at time of uploading. Price variances may occur.
Price is inclusive of 10% Australian Goods and Services Tax.
This tax is not applicable to overseas customers